Spotlight is a funded startup on a mission to put you in control of your digital environment.
We spend over half our day simply receiving information. These interactions are often passive, reactive, unconscious and exhausting. Spotlight enables you to navigate your day intentionally and productively by filtering distractions, intelligently automating workflows and actioning behavioural insights. To combat the established modern culture of reacting to the ‘urgent’ over the ‘important’, Spotlight creates the uninterrupted space in your day to think creatively, single-task and protect your mental wellbeing.
The founders of Spotlight have an opportunity for an ambitious and skilled Technical Lead to join at this exciting stage as part of the senior leadership team. The Spotlight product is developed and currently being tested by beta users in preparation for the official launch later this year. You will make executive technology decisions on behalf of the company, manage a technology budget and make resource investments that align with the company vision and its technological needs. Your decisions will impact the current and future operations of the company and you will collaborate closely with Spotlight’s founders, Simon Labahn and Alex O’Brien who have extensive experience and networks within Venture Capital, Software and Digital Media.
The successful candidate will play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, developing the software and facilitating future growth as well as managing the development team to cultivate an innovative, collaborative company culture. You have the flexibility to work remotely or at our office in central London (or split your time between both).
· Work directly with founders on roadmap and strategy
· Lead the development team
· Represent Spotlight in technology discussions with consultants, 3rd party vendors and external stakeholders
· Evaluate and evolve current application architecture.
· Lead and assist in all functional areas of technology including software design, development and enterprise architecture.
· Implement technology solutions and development tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
· Implement product improvements and innovations that could be beneficial based on technological research – especially those within productivity and wellness industries.
· Experience programming in React,React Native, NodeJS
· Familiar with microservice architecture and NoSQL.
· Experienced at working on products at all stages of life cycle, preferably at a startup
· Good command of DevOps
· Awareness and application of good security practises
· Intellectual curiosity and passion for solving challenging problems using technology
· Ability to work independently and as a small, focused team
· Familiar with the AWS ecosystem
· Bonus: TypeScript and an interest in machine learning
· Flexible working hours/ location.Remote working available as well as permanent central London office location.
· Transparent, innovative and supportive company culture with personal growth training and development opportunities.
· Competitive salary based on experience as well as equity for the right candidate.
Please get in contact below or share your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org, we're looking forward to hearing from you!