Spotlight is a funded and product-driven startup on a mission to put you in control of your digital environment.
We spend over half our day simply receiving information. These interactions are often passive, reactive, unconscious and exhausting. Spotlight enables you to navigate your day intentionally and productively by filtering distractions, intelligently automating workflows and actioning behavioural insights. To combat the established modern culture of reacting to the ‘urgent’ over the ‘important’, Spotlight creates the uninterrupted space in your day to think creatively, single-task and protect your mental wellbeing.
The founders of Spotlight have an opportunity for an ambitious and skilled Product Designer to join at this exciting stage as an integral part of the team. You will work closely with the founders (who have extensive experience and networks within Venture Capital, Software and Digital Media) to ideate and turn requirements into hi-fidelity product screens and interactive prototypes for the developers to implement.
The successful candidate will be expected to improve and build upon the current design of the Spotlight product and iterate in accordance with ongoing user-testing and upcoming features in the company roadmap. You will be a key player in the success and growth of the team and its positive creative culture.
You have the flexibility to work remotely or at our office in central London (or split your time between both).
- Translating product specifications and ideas into hi-fidelity product designs, design ideas, user flows, wireframes, sitemaps and prototypes
- Identifying design problems in complex processes and devising simple, elegant solutions
- Supporting the development team in building the best product we possibly can by staying ahead of development sprints and constantly pushing the design and interactions
- Work directly with the software developers within a scrum process
- Work with quantitative and qualitative insights to understand the product and take ownership towards the product design roadmap
- Work closely with founders to identify areas of opportunity and competitive advantage
- Excellent knowledge of best-in-class Product Design principles and techniques, (UX and Interaction design)
- Able to deliver exceptional user-friendly experiences for responsive web and mobile (Android, iOS), with an understanding of the varying design constraints
- Strong UX focus and understanding of human behaviour which guides clean, visual design
- Ideally 2+ years experience in a fast-paced startup environment or developing an established commercial product
- Experience with researching user problems, user testing interviews and workshops
- Fluent in Figma (or similar design tool) and producing pixel-perfect specs
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A solid grasp of user-centred design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Passionate about Spotlight’s mission to address the complexities of human’s relationship with technology and how it impacts their daily life
- Can communicate natively in English, both written and verbally
- Bonus: Available immediately or with a short notice period
- Flexible working hours/ location. Remote working available as well as permanent central London office location
- Opportunity to define processes and take ownership of the design progressions
- Transparent, innovative and supportive company culture with personal growth training and development opportunities
- Competitive salary based on experience as well as stock options
Please share your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below